MT3608 DC-DC Step Up Booster
DC-DC Boost 2A – MT3608
In = 2-24V / Out = 5-28V @ 2A Switching Regulator (Boost = Output Voltage has to be higher than input voltage), Good for getting stable 3.3V or 5V output from 1xAA or x2AA or Li-ion batteries
A boost converter (step-up converter) is a DC-to-DC power converter with an output voltage greater than its input voltage. It is a class of switched-mode power supply (SMPS) containing at least two semiconductors (a diode and a transistor) and at least one energy storage element, a capacitor, inductor, or the two in combination. Filters made of capacitors (sometimes in combination with inductors) are normally added to the output of the converter to reduce output voltage ripple.
The key principle that drives the boost converter is the tendency of an inductor to resist changes in current by creating and destroying a magnetic field. In a boost converter, the output voltage is always higher than the input voltage. A schematic of a boost power stage is shown in Figure 1.
(a) When the switch is closed, electrons flow through the inductor in clockwise direction and the inductor stores some energy by generating a magnetic field. Polarity of the left side of the inductor is positive.
(b) When the switch is opened, current will be reduced as the impedance is higher. The magnetic field previously created will be destroyed to maintain the current towards the load. Thus the polarity will be reversed (means left side of inductor will be negative now). As a result two sources will be in series causing a higher voltage to charge the capacitor through the diode D.UEB 5Pcs MT3608 2A DC-DC Step Up Power Apply Booster Power Module 5V To 9V 12V 28V for Arduino
The MT3608 is a constant frequency, 6-pin SOT23 current mode step-up converter intended for small, low power applications. The MT3608 switches at 1.2MHz and allows the use of tiny, low cost capacitors and inductors 2mm or less in height. Internal soft-start results in small inrush current and extends battery life. The MT3608 features automatic shifting to pulse frequency modulation mode at light loads. The MT3608 includes under-voltage lockout, current limiting, and thermal overload protection to prevent damage in the event of an output overload. The MT3608 is available in a small 6-pin SOT-23 package.
• The maximum output current: 2A
• The input voltage: 2V ~ 24V
• The maximum output voltage: > 28V
• Efficiency: > 93%
• Integrated 80mΩ Power MOSFET
• 2V to 24V Input Voltage
• 1.2MHz Fixed Switching Frequency
• Internal 4A Switch Current Limit
• Adjustable Output Voltage
• Internal Compensation
• Up to 28V Output Voltage
• Automatic Pulse Frequency Modulation Mode at Light Loads
• up to 97% Efficiency
• Available in a 6-Pin SOT23-6 Package
Product size: 36 mm * 17 mm * 14 mm
- • Maximum output current: 2A
- •2V to 24V input voltage with output boost 5V to 28V adjustable
- • Input voltage: 2V ~ 24V
• Maximum output voltage: > 5V – 28V
• Efficiency: > 93%
• Input voltage should not exceed the maximum input voltage
• Peak current output current should not more than 2A
• Output voltage should always be higher than Input voltage
• PCB Size: 36 mm * 17 mm * 14 mm
How to use:
• Connect the the IN+ and IN- of the module with 2~24V
• Adjust the potentiometer to adjust the output voltage. Please note that the output voltage should be higher than the input voltage.
o Battery-Powered Equipment
o Set-Top Boxed
o LCD Bais Supply
o DSL and Cable Modems and Routers
o Networking cards powered from PCI or PCI express slots
o Hybrid electric vehicles